Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Halloween was a lot of fun this year. Our little Cinderella and bat looked so cute. And for the first time in the five years that Austin and I have been together we got trick or treaters! What a great day!This year for Halloween Ella knew right from the start that she wanted to be a princess. Deciding which one was a different story, but in the end we persuaded her to be Cinderella since she already had the dress. She looked so sweet!
Christian was not quite as easy to get to decide what his costume would be. He changed what he wanted to be nearly every day. We finally told him he was going to be a tractor because his other ideas (skeleton, scary guy, and an x-ray) just didn't seem fitting for a 3 year old. Two days before the big day he saw Diego on TV dressed up as a bat and he was truly in love. This sounded a whole lot easier than making a tractor costume, so I threw it together (literally). Next year I am making the kids decide by October 1st so that I can buy their costumes while there is still some selection. Making his costume was a huge pain. I had to do it at midnight, so he could wear it to preschool the next morning, but Christian looked cute and he was so happy to be like Diego.We tried to talk Christian into painting his face, but he panicked. Who knew he would be so scared of paint. He finally agreed as long as Grandpa Kevin got to apply it. What was I thinking? Grandpa Kevin did a typical man job on the paint and the second he was done Christian rubbed his eyes, smearing it all over. After finally convincing Christian to stop crying and open his eyes he decided that he liked his paint even though it looked quite messy.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

They look darling in their costumes!! The cd doesn't have the images copywrited so you can take the cd anywhere and print them or you can always upload them to costco, walmart etc and have them printed that way. You shouldn't run into any problems but if you do, just let me know!

Heather said...

I love the costumes! You did a great job on Christian's bat! Way to go!

Cheryl said...

They look adorable! How did you make Christian's costume? It looks great!

Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zach 'n' Amy said...

They look great! But now I feel like a crappy mom because Tyger was a skeleton when he was three :( I can't believe you made that costume, I refuse (mostly because a sewing machine won't fit in my house). Good job on the sewing! Tell Ella she looked beautiful

Tahnie said...

I keep forgetting to look at your blog because it doesn't automatically let me know when you've updated. My gosh it looks like you have been so busy! I love the darling costumes! The pumpkin patch we go to has a corn maze, but wasn't so cool because all the rowdy teenagers (I guess that means I'm old when I use 'rowdy teenagers' in a sentence) tore most of it down. Oh well it was still fun.
I'm glad you got those pictures done....sorry it never worked out when you were down here that one weekend. You need to post some so we can all see! :)

The Naylor Family said...

The kids look SOOOO cute Kensey! I agree -- way to go on Christian's costume! Their eyes are so blue and Ella's costume really made hers even bluer! My teens weren't quite as fun or cute -- enjoy them while they are little!!

Laura said...

I love that your dad had to do the paint....at least you got it on him-also I had no idea you were such a seamstress, that is my goal someday to learn how to sew.

Nikki said...

Kensey!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea you made Christian's costume. It looks great!!! Costumes are one of the hardest things to make. You should bring it over next time we sew and show everyone.
I was looking through old emails and found your invite. I hope it's still ok.