Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry Christmas!

December was a very busy month and I didn't get around to posting as often as I would have liked. We did a lot of fun things all of which are more fun now that we have two, two year olds to share them with. A few weeks ago we went and saw the Christmas lights at Willard Bay. Sadly we have no pictures because it was dark and I forgot the camera anyway. Willard Bay is so far north that it feels like the north pole, but that will soon be our neck of the woods when we move into our house. We rode a horse drawn wagon around to see the lights and the best part of all was that it was driven by Santa! Ella and Christian were a bit timid at first, but I think that they enjoyed seeing Santa. They refused to sit on his lap though. We had so much fun that we decided to make it our yearly tradition.















My brother Christopher and his girlfriend Rachel came up to Kamas to go sledding. My parents have a hill right next to their house where the sage brush is cleared so it worked out perfectly. Ella and Christian had a blast and we all got a great workout from carrying them up the hill over and over again. It was exhausting, but worth it! It was bitter cold, but we all were so hot from doing the climb that we didn't even need coats for part of the time.








































































We copied Mike and Jamie's idea and bought a gingerbread house kit. The house was already put together and it came with frosting and candy. It was perfect for our little hands and they had so much fun.
















The finished product. As you can see Ella and Christian did most of the work. They are so talented!

Christmas was a lot of fun this year because Ella and Christian are older and understand more. They were both sick that day and had slept horrible the night before, which of course meant that mommy and daddy also slept horrible, but they were still so excited and had so much fun. We had a nice day and were able to spend it with both of our families.
Ella loves princesses and she loves purple. Perfect!


Ella helped Christian open his presents or she just opened them herself. He got so distracted with his new toys, but Ella loved to open the presents. She opened most of Austin and mine as well.


Checking out some of their presents with Grandma Jean.

3 comments:

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Hey Kensey! You know, I was in Kamas for 8 days, but I didn't have a spare minute. I even went and visited Tahnie without you because I was already down there with my mom doing ALL my christmas shopping. But we will hang out soon I can feel it! Your pictures are so cute! in that one with you on the sled you look like your mom! I never noticed the resemblence before!

Laura said...

So I'm kind of sad that you didn't get a good shot of Christopher's woman....maybe next time! I'm sad that we couldn't hook up before you moved, that store in Midway was actually pretty much all my mom said it would be. We will definitely have to go there together someday.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! We're glad you guys had a nice Christmas with your families. The kids are so cute!