My little Ella and Christian are no longer little anymore. It is hard to believe that they are already three! Everyone always says that they grow so fast, but you don't truly understand that until you experience it. Ella and Christian have been so excited for the big day for months. Nearly every day they would tell me that they wanted balloons, birthday hats, and cake on their birthday. Since day one Ella has wanted a princess cake. When I first asked Christian what cake he wanted he replied, "I want a daddy cake." Thankfully he switched and decided he wanted a tractor cake. I am not sure how I would have made a cake look like Austin!
Ella and Christian had such a fun day. It was so cute to watch them because they were just as excited about looking at their wrapped gifts as they were opening them. And of course they are still at the age where they love absolutely anything and everything that they get. It was a special day and Austin and I truly got our joy from watching their excitement. We are so thankful to have them in our lives. They definitely bring a lot of excitement, drama, noise, and love into our home.
Ella with her gifts from dad and mom.
Our excited little Christian
Don't look too closely at this cake because I did it in a huge rush. I had 2 hours to frost and decorate both of their cakes before they woke up from their nap. It was really hard and I was stressing. I kept asking myself why I didn't just buy a cake at the store, but this way was definitely more fun. Christian absolutely loved his excavator cake. He was so excited and kept telling me thank you.
Please don't look too closely at Ella's cake either. This cake had five layers stacked on top of each other which was shrunk down from the original seven. By the time I took this picture the top two layers were slowly sliding off the top because the frosting was melting. It was a very stressful moment, but it was fixable. Ella also loved her cake and all of the princesses to go with it.
I also included some pictures of the kiddies growing up.
One of Ella's first pictures taken.
Our little Christian did not do so well in the beginning. Here he is in the NICU.
I love this picture because this is the first time they were reunited after almost 10 days. We brought Ella into the NICU for a visit. She looks so content to be by her brothers side.
Christian was so hungry that he started sucking on Ella's head. She absolutely hated it!
Blessing day.
Ella and Christian still love to hold each others hand.
A very happy Christian.
Ella using Christian for balance.
Christian's first ice cream cone.
Christian spraying Ella in the face.
Ella, after eating a chocolate chip cookie.
Ella the skunk
Christian the happy duck
Ella knocked our Christmas tree over on Christmas morning (notice the mess). It wasn't the first time it was knocked over or the last! She kept saying, "uh-oh."
I also included some pictures of the kiddies growing up.
Christian spraying Ella in the face.
7 comments:
That reunion picture got me teary eyed!! That is so sweet! You are so creative in the cake making department!!! WOW! By the way, Cinderella will be at Wheeler Farm on Friday, June 13 from 11 am to 1 pm.
I can't believe you did both of those cakes in only 2 hours! They looked so great. Especially the excavator. And happy birthday to you!
Excellent job on the cakes. I say the same thing about why I didnt just buy one, they are so much work. Jamie
Cute pictures. And I am totally impressed with your cakes! Who knew you were so talented? Being a mom just brings out talents we never knew we had, huh?
What an exciting event! I am definitely impressed with the cake making skills. What a fun mom you are!
I didn't know they had a birthday last week! How exciting! I loved the cakes! You are amazing. The pictures were beautiful. I loved their newborn pics!
I laughed so hard at the picture of Christian sucking on Ella's head! You are such a great mom Kens, keep up the good work. Hope you had a happy birthday and didn't have any special potty training moments with the kids that day! : )
Post a Comment