Friday, June 19, 2009

Birthdays and Blessings

My sweet little Mason is already two months old! Hard to believe how fast the time has gone. He is an awesome baby and it is nice to just have one to worry about this time around. But, Ella and Christian are still here, which makes for some very chaotic times. Three kids is tough and I feel like someone is always crying. Usually it is Ella or Christian, not Mason.
Ella and Christian absolutely love Mason. They love to kiss him and get right up in his face. I am not sure he likes it much though. Ella has recently nicknamed him Masey. I have no idea where that came from.Ella and Christian turned 4 and we blessed Mason all on the same day! Here are the kiddies with Great Grandpa Jacobson. We were so glad he could come!
Christian and Ella both got a new bike for their birthday. They were so excited to try them out, but it was rainy most of the day. There was finally a break in the rain and we rushed out for a quick ride. They are doing great, but they both still need a little work on braking. Especially since we live on a big hill.

I had no time to bake a cake this year-let alone two cakes, so I let Walmart do it for me! Ella got shy when blowing out the candles, so Brandon had to help her.
Christian wanted a hulk cake. Where do they learn about this stuff?
The Family after Mason's blessing. Austin did a very nice job. Special Day.

Mason looks very uncomfortable in this picture, but Ella and Christian are actually looking and smiling. I tried to take a few pictures with all of the kids together. A few turned into about one hundred. Turns out I suck at taking pictures. My kids are SO hard to get to look and smile at the camera. The photo shoot ended with me yelling at them and finally giving up. I have to give props to all of you who are good photographers because I am not.

We decided to escape the rain and headed down to St. George for the week. The weather was perfect there and we had a nice break. Ella is a little fish and loves to swim. Christian on the other hand is absolutely terrified of water. Grandpa Kevin was determined to coax him off of the steps. He did get much braver by the end.

I would normally never put a picture of myself in a swimming suit on here, but Mason looked much too cute to not post it. Mason is starting to smile and it is the most precious thing. I still haven't been able to take a good picture of one though. This is just a half smile.Here are just a few pictures that our friend Tasha took. She did a great job! Thanks again Tasha!

6 comments:

Heather said...

What cute pictures of the kids at the end! I love the one of Mason in the pod! I'm glad you had a good time in St. George! We loved it when we went in April. A good little get away!

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe they are 4! They are so cute:) Mason is getting SOOO big! I have been patiently, okay not so patiently blog stalking you waiting for an update. You guys all look great! I am jealous you got to leave the torrential rainstorms:)

The Naylor Family said...

Great pictures!!! I can't believe that your twins are 4 YEARS OLD! How did that happen? Good that you got to go for a little "get away"! You have a beautiful family! I'm so jealous of all your Mom's grandbabies! You and Jess need to get together so the baby smell will get all over her and she can't resist!

julie! said...

Mason is so adorable Kens! I can't believe your twins are four years old! I swear it seems like it was just a couple of years ago that we were all at Ricks college (it was more like 8 years ago...how crazy is that?) You have a beautiful little family!

zach said...

Wow, I am officially the worst friend ever. I thought you were joking that Mason was born in April. Well of course he's beautiful, and round like I like 'em. Congrats Kensey dearest!

ctrgearharts said...

Hey Kensey! It's been so long - I didn't even realize you were expecting a baby! I guess that tells you how often I check my friends blogs! He is adorable!And I am always amazed at how big Christian and Ella are getting!See, I told you Ella would have hair one day!Well, congratulations - and I wish you the best in your new mommy-of-3 juggling act!