Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tribute to AC

Our air conditioner was broken this week for over two days! When it is July with 90+ degree days AC is a must. We did everything we could to escape the heat, but we were still hot and melting. I would like to give a shout out to Willis Haviland Carrier, the inventor of the air conditioner. I am sure you will all agree that he was a genius and has made our life much more bearable in July and the rest of the summer months. Our AC is now fixed and we can sleep again at night. Thank you Willis Haviland Carrier (and repair guys) for making our home cool once again!
Ella and Christian escaping the heat from our house by standing in the sprinkler.

Ella being very brave and running through the sprinkler. It took quite a few times holding mommy's hand and running through before she would do it on her own.

I wish you could see Christian's face better in this one. He always opens his mouth and raises his eyebrows when he is surprised or scared.Here is another example of this face he makes. Look to the right and you will see that we were trying to get him with the vacuum hose.Christian and Ella are so awesome at riding their bikes lately. They can pedal so well and go really fast. I am so proud!

A couple weeks ago we went to the Hogle Zoo with Grandma Cindy and Great Grandma Jacobson. It was so hot that we started melting and the kids faces were bright red, but we had a lot of fun.
It took a lot of courage to get them to go down the snake slide.
Ella gets most excited about the carousel and the train more than the actual animals. Here she is riding her favorite animal, the giraffe. She was pretty disappointed to find out that she couldn't feed the giraffes crackers. That was our favorite part about the Colorado Springs Zoo.
Christian also really likes giraffes.
Grandma Cindy riding a ladybug.

7 comments:

The Tews said...

Willis Haviland Carrier huh? Someone has been doing their research. Halilujah it's fixed! Ella and Christian are so big--we need to have a get together soon!
P.S. Can you ask your mom where she got her cute shoes, I think I need a pair.

Tasha said...

My grandma's AC just went out and we only had to deal with it for a couple hours and we were all thinking about what life would have been before AC........I am so glad I don't have to deal with that on a daily basis!

Michelle said...

I love my AC, that's for sure.
Ella and Christian are getting so big! They are cuties.

Laura said...

It is sad when you run your AC all day and you can't really tell a difference....which happens daily here in the ghetto! It was so good to talk to you the other day-good luck with everything, the job, babysitters, grass, garden etc....

Heather said...

We love the zoo! I wish I would have been here to rescue you when you had no AC! You should have called Jeff, he would have let you hang over here while he was at work! I'm glad it's fixed!

cindy said...

We did have a fun day at the zoo! So glad your AC is fixed! I still get a kick out of the picture of Christian's face and the vacuum. It makes me laugh everytime!
Wish I was closer to run through the sprinklers, too!
Love you all!

Tahnie said...

We went to the zoo a couple weeks ago when the high that day was around 103 degrees. Brynner lasted about an hour and then started screaming bloody murder. I finally know what it feels like to have everyone look at you like you're trying to kill your child. Fun times! Of course he stopped as soon as we got in the car and got the AC going. I don't want to know what a few days at the house would be like without it!
I remember feeling brave and running through the ice cold water during the summer. It was so much fun! Christian's face in that picture makes me laugh!
We seriously have to do something dang it. If Amy can't at least we can. Email me and we'll set a date.